Monday, October 16, 2006

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

While in Hawaii, Jenn and I have had a couple of minor celebrity encounters. The first was in the Honolulu airport when Jenn saw Dog the Bounty Hunters son or cousin or something, but apparently he's on the TV show.

The second was at the Tradewinds here in Kauai, where we were at the bar with Jean-Claude Van Damme's nephew. The guy really looked quite a bit like Jean-Claude. Kind of funny.

The third was arguably the most famous, at least here in the islands. We went to dinner at this Japanese restaurant and seated at the table next to us was Laird Hamilton, famous surfer. He even has an American Express commercial. And I didn't realize it at the time, but his wife with him at the restaurant is Gabrielle Reese, which makes sense as I noticed she was rather tall.

Much better than any of the minor celebrity sightings I've had in Detroit. I'm looking at you, Dave Coulier.

No comments: