Monday, October 23, 2006

All things must eventually end

I'm several days late with my final wrapup of my trip, but it's taken a bit to get readjusted back to my normal schedule.

So, anyways, Tuesday, we checked out of the hotel, returned the rental car and flew to Oahu, where my Uncle Ken picked us up and took us to my Uncle Kiyo's place. We hung around there for bit, and then we went to dinner at Gyotaku, a Japanese restaurant that was really good. After dinner we stopped at a few stores, and my uncle sent me home with a few things for my parents. We got back to the airport, checked in, and went to have a drink in the airport bar. I was wearing my SubyDude t-shirt, and one of the bar patrons who had been talking to Jenn noticed my shirt, and then we started talking about Subarus. We then made our way to our plane.

I was crammed in the middle seat, so Jenn could have the window for one last look at Hawaii. I could not sleep very well for most of that flight as I was feeling very claustrophobic.

We got to our layover destination (Phoenix) at about 7:45 in the morning. I had to get a seat assignment for the flight back to Detroit. We waited for Pizza Hut to open so we could get some food for the next flight. At least on that flight I had an exit row seat, so it had a bit more room. The inflight movie was The Breakup, which was alright.

Because we flew America West, we arrived in the junky old Smith terminal at DTW. We got our bags, and Jenn discovered she'd had a minor shampoo/conditioner explosion in her bag. My mom arrived and we drove to Jenn's dropped her off, and I finally was home after that. Skippy was very happy to see me. I was just happy to be home.

Thus ends my trip to Hawaii.

I think that as I get to it, I'll post additional annotated pictures, and maybe a few more stories.

No comments: